Signpost International are looking for a social media intern to join our team.
Signpost International, a leading Scottish community development charity, is seeking a committed individual to take part in an ongoing internship programme within its headquarters in Scotland. The volunteer placement, for a minimum of three months, is designed to give the candidate a solid foundation of experience in a small but growing charity while providing an essential support function to programme staff.
We are seeking a creative Social Media Intern to increase brand awareness through social media platforms and to provide support to our communications team. In return we will provide a structured learning experience for the duration of the internship, provide a daily allowance for lunch and working travel expenses, and offer ongoing roles and opportunities to the successful candidate upon the completion of the internship depending on position availability and candidate suitability.
In conjunction with the Communications Officer tasks may include some or all of the following:
- Writing social media posts and captions and updating the social media pages
- Responding to customer feedback and maintaining communications online
- Creating social media campaigns and calendars to increase engagement and target new audiences
- Creating graphic and visual content for dissemination on social media pages
- Carrying out research for team projects
- Sharing related content from partner organisations with their social media audience
- Analysing social media numbers regularly
- Preparing periodic reports for review.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of community development and global issues
- Computer literate (MS Office and some Adobe programmes)
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms.
- Team player and self-motivated, creative independent thinker
- Understanding and sensitivity to cross cultural issues
- Keen interest in international affairs
- Time management skills, the ability to meet deadlines and targets are required.
This voluntary post is for a minimum of three months, and we ask that interns are able to commit to at least six hours per week, some of which can be done remotely. Interested parties are asked to submit a CV and cover letter by email to email@example.com